What does this class give me?
- An in depth study of landscape design
- A comprehensive understanding for creating and evaluating your own Landscape
- Ability to help with design for your clubs’ civic projects
- Ability to judge completed landscapes for awards programs and garden contests
- Ability to assist with applications for awards
- Assistance becoming a better example and serve as guardians and consultants of land use and outdoor beauty
- Ability to present landscape related presentations to instruct and encourage others in good landscapes
- Knowledge to serve and assist on civic boards for parks, tree commissions, planning, and zoning matters
- After taking and passing two classes, invitation to join as provisionary member of Ohio Landscape Design Consultant Council
- Attend special educational programs presented by professional
- Tour public and private gardens sometimes not normally otherwise available
- Attend workshops to study landscape plans
- Practice evaluation of landscape designs
- Support to profession of landscape design through scholarships
- Most of all- fun and life-long friendships with wonderful like minded people
Garden Club of Ohio is excited to offer Garden Club of Ohio is excited to offer Landscape Design School Series 16 – Course 2 via ZOOM! January 18 & 19, 2024
This course covers the design process, plants for pollinators and therapeutic gardens, native alternatives to invasive plants, landscape redesign and more. Join us January 18-19, 2024!
For more information and for proper forms, contact Bert Nero at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration here: Landscape Design School Series 16 Course 2 Jan 2024
Course Objectives include:
- Develop a greater sense of appreciation, pride, and knowledge about our private, public and historical gardens.
- Become better informed in order to promote positive changes in our surroundings to encourage beauty, utility, convenience, sound ecological practice, and ease of maintenance.
- Encourage a better understanding of the landscape design process to promote landscapes that will sustain sound management.
- Stimulate interest in all phases of landscape design, including community planning.
- Develop a contingent of qualified Landscape Design Consultants to serve in such decision-making areas of public life as providing leadership, educational programs, scholarships, awards, and promoting better landscape design.
National Garden Clubs additional information: Landscape Design School | National Garden Clubs, Inc.