2023 SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
……….now accepting PhD students!
Applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Legal Resident of the United States.
- International or Foreign Exchange Students are not eligible.
- Doctoral program students are not eligible.
- Must be attending school full-time as defined by NGC:
- Undergraduate students must be enrolled for a minimum of 12 graded hours of classes.
- Graduate students must be enrolled for a minimum of 9 graded hours of classes.
- Study abroad on fellowships or internships are not eligible; funds may be applied to studies overseas provided that the study is a condition of the recipient’s degree plan and that payment continues to be made to the accredited U.S. college or university.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.25 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Must be planning a career related to gardening, landscape design, environmental issues, floral design or horticulture.
- Must be majoring in one of the following fields of study:
- Agriculture Education
- Landscape Design
- Botany, Biology
- Wildlife Science
- Plant Pathology/Science
- City (Rural & Urban) Planning
- Habitat or Forest/Systems Ecology
- Environmental Concerns (Management: Environmental, Horticulture Resource/Environmental Behavior)
- Environmental Conservation (including Engineering)
- Land Management and/or other related or allied subjects
NOTE: Only two (2) letters of recommendation are required for 2023
GCO NGC scholarship-application guidelines-2022-2023
GCO NGC scholarship-financial guidelines-2022-2023
GCO NGC scholarship-application-2022-2023
GCO NGC scholarship-financial aid form-2022-2023
National Garden Clubs, Inc. Scholarship page: College Scholarships | National Garden Clubs, Inc.
SCHOLARSHIP DONATIONS BY GCO CLUBS
For many years GCO clubs sent donations in response to the “Scholarship Annual Appeal Letter”. That letter was discontinued in 2021 but the collection goes on for those clubs wanting to donate to the General Fund, for Memorials and Honorariums.
For any scholarship donations, please send to:
8623 Hollis Lane
Brecksville, Ohio 44141-2031
Please indicate the donation amount and what it is for–General Fund, Memorial or Honorarium. If you want an acknowledgement of the donation sent to a family member for the Memorial or Honorarium—that address must be included.
Thank you very much for your interest in helping college students fulfill their dream in one of the many fields of agriculture. GCO appreciates your support!